As I think about the near future and all that 2012 could mean, I decided I should share a few goals. I am in the habit of writing down goals, I find that they get accomplished so much more often if they are written down! I have been writing down New Year’s goals for about 6 years now, and even though I rarely accomplish all of them, I would say I fulfill an average of somewhere between 70-80% of them.
Last year I actually decided to do a 101 in 1001 goals list… I had so many things I wanted to do! So this was my way to capture a list of all I wanted to accomplish over the next 3ish years of my life (could also be viewed as my “pre-baby” goal list, but don’t tell Dwyatt I said that!). I accomplished about 18 of these goals last year, definitely a good start! However at this rate, it may take me more like 4 of 5 years to finish them all… Here is a sampling of what I want to accomplish this year:
- Maintain a 3.5 or higher GPA in my graduate program.
- Hike the Grand Canyon with my husband.
- Visit Europe.
- Ride in NVRHA events & rope a cow!
- Pay off all my student loans.
- Visit Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Babysit for friends.
- Do something that scares me.
- Sew a Christmas tree skirt!
- Take more personal photos and turn them into albums.
- Blog more consistently.
- Take a ballroom dancing class.
- Visit New England in the fall.
- Continue to workout and gain muscle… work toward being in the best shape of my life!
- Donate blood at least twice per year.
- Attend my brother’s college graduation.
- Host a wine tasting party for friends.
- Find an organization I’m passionate about, and volunteer at least once per month.
- Start and complete all three levels of Rosetta Stone Spanish.
- Redecorate my bedroom.
- Grow a successful strawberry patch.
- Send flowers to my grandmother, just because…
- Go on a mother/daughter trip with my Mom (just us girls!)
- Drink more tea.
Wish me luck! I think I’m going to need it :)